People are constantly struggling with extra pounds. They are worried about belly folds, wide hips, buttocks. But these are not the only places where weight loss is sometimes required. For example, the question of how to remove fat from the face is known to people who, when looking in the mirror, do not like chubby cheeks, a double chin, or a swollen face. But unlike the rest of the body, these areas cannot be covered with clothing. Fortunately, this problem is solvable.
Sometimes it seems that the face is a truly enchanted part of our body: no matter how we lose weight and whatever numbers the scales show, our cheeks do not decrease by a millimeter.
There is some truth in this: it is the face that loses weight the slowest and most difficult. But difficult does not mean impossible. With the correct combination of diet, good sleep, and some exercises, you can reduce your face fat and improve your overall skin condition.
How to lose face fat and make face skin better? We have already told you how to deal with belly fat. This article will tell you why face fat appears and how to deal with it in various ways. Let’s figure it out together.
What is the Cause of Face Fat?
Face fat can appear due to the following problems:
- excess weight – if you have gained a lot, then the cheeks and double chin will not keep you waiting;
- genetics – in some cases, a chubby face can happen even with a slender figure. And such a feature is inherited;
- health problems – for example, due to a malfunctioning thyroid gland or diabetes mellitus, a person can gain weight and swell a lot.
To understand how to lose weight in your face, let’s take a look at the basics. The shape of the face is determined by the skull and the overlying tissues. Muscles are responsible for facial expressions. And above them are the so-called “pockets of fat.” The elasticity of the face and its youth depend on the latter and the muscular layer.
It is clear that you can do nothing with the bone structure, but it is within your power to influence the ligaments, muscle tissue, fat, and skin. If we talk about fat, it can appear on the face at the first signs of extra pounds. But it leaves you the very last. So how to get rid of face fat? Here are some simple ways.
How Get Rid of Face Fat?
Visit Your Doctor
No, not a cosmetologist, but a therapist. Often, the face seems chubby, not due to fat deposits but because of edema. In addition, taking some medications can also provoke fluid retention in the body – in a word, first make sure that there are no medical reasons, and only then start fighting face fat.
Check Your Diet
Everything we eat and drink is reflected on our faces – and these are not always positive changes. So, some foods can cause inflammation, spoil the appearance, and even provoke swelling. Doctors recommend giving up processed meat products, eating fewer snacks, and cutting down on fast carbohydrates. But ginger, turmeric, beets, zucchini, and lemon, on the contrary, should be added to your daily diet.
This is corny, but it is a fact: the more you do it, the more likely it is that the results will one day affect your face too. Strength training is what you need because building muscles requires more energy, and the body has to waste fat stores, including the one hidden on the face.
Get Enough Sleep
This is generally must-have advice for everyone who wants to lose face fat since your metabolism depends on the quality and amount of sleep. But in this case, sleep is also important because it is during the night’s rest that the body restores the work of the glands and helps to “disperse” the swelling.
Try Some Face Massage
Regular facial massage helps maintain the skin’s elasticity and disperses the lymphatic fluid, which accumulates in the skin cells and leads to swelling. Try to massage your face three times a week, paying special attention to the chin area – and you will notice the result very soon.
If you can afford it, experts advise paying attention to professional lymphatic drainage massage. The main goal of the technique is to prevent lymph congestion in the tissues. The hands of a specialist provide a deep study of the face muscles, as a result of which blood circulation improves, metabolism is accelerated, and fat is burned faster.
Even a simple self-massage can help you lose weight. It is recommended to do it after exercise, on the warmed up muscles, then it will be more helpful to weight loss:
- Pat your chin with the back of your hand.
- With moderate effort, put your fingers on the cheeks, then massage them in a circular motion.
- With small circular movements, work on the entire face along the massage lines.
Learn Facial Exercises
Exercises for slimming the face and cheeks help get rid of excess fat and tone the muscles, so you do not just lose face fat, but your face also looks younger.
Reducing Cheek Fat
How to get rid of chubby cheeks? Here are the most effective face slimming exercises for losing weight on the cheeks in a short time:
- This exercise is called “fish.” Pull the cheeks in, creating a vacuum in the mouth, press the tongue against the upper palate, and pull the lips out, forming “O.” Hold this position for 10 seconds, and then relax your muscles. Do it 10 times, 2 sets a day are enough.
- The next face slimming exercise, which is part of the cheek and chin workout complex, is performed with the jaws closed, the chin muscles are tense. The muscles of the lower lip are strained so that it twists and looks down. The corners of the mouth are stretched into a smile. Do 20 sets.
- Open your eyes as wide as you can and look upward. Stick out the tongue and stretch it to the chin. Perform 3 sets of 15 seconds.
- The starting position is a relaxed face. Pronounce vowels with maximum articulation and tension. Stretch the mouth into a smile or pull your lips into “O.” Change vowels and try different facial expressions.
Lifting Face Muscles
How to get a slimmer face? A characteristic age-related change is the sagging of the facial tissues. To tighten these areas, perform the following set of training:
- Close your lips, and relax the muscles. The index and middle fingers of the right hand are placed on the corner of the mouth on the right, on the left – in the same way. First, lift the corners of the lips with your fingers, then try to lower them. Fix these positions for 5 seconds.
- Start with the mouth slightly open. The upper and lower lips are turned inside out, and the corners of the mouth are stretched in a smile. Place the fingers on the cheeks, and lift the skin up slowly, with resistance. You can feel moderate muscle pain after this exercise.
- The lips are closed and compressed, and the neck and chin muscles are tense. The pads of the fingers are placed on the lower parts of the cheeks and massaged in a circle 6-8 times. Do it for 20 sets.
- With the effort of the muscles, the cheeks are lifted up, and the corners of the mouth are also pulled up. Hold this position for 5 seconds, then relax. Do the exercise 30 times.
Slimming the Chin
How to lose chin fat? If you are worried about a double chin, then do these exercises:
- Move the lower jaw back and forth, raising the head for half a minute.
- Rest your elbows on the tabletop and put your chin on the fist. Push the chin up with a fist while the muscles of the neck resist the effort. Do 15 sets.
- The head is thrown back and stretched with the lower lip to the nose. In this case, you should feel the tension of the cervical muscles. Perform for 3 seconds 15 times a day.
How Long Does It Take to Lose Face Fat?
Note! The duration of the exercises is only 10-15 minutes a day, but it is important to do them regularly. If, after doing the exercises, you feel a burning sensation and slight soreness in the muscles, then the exercise was carried out correctly. The average period for reducing face fat is 6 months, but you can notice the first results in 3 weeks.
How Can I Lose My Double Chin Fat?
Try to follow our recommendations, and the result will not be long in coming. Lead an active lifestyle, get enough sleep, exercise, and monitor your posture and your diet. We recommend doing simple exercises to tone your chin and neck. The most important thing is to do them regularly and keep your skin moisturized.
Will Chewing Gum Reduce Double Chin?
Yes, the results are great if you do everything right. You will need chewing gum for some exercises. It is chewed as usual but working more intensively with the jaws like you are chewing something tough. Do it for 2 minutes 2-3 times a day, and you will see the results.
How Do I Tighten My Jawline?
To improve the appearance of your jawline, it is worth doing regular chewing muscle relaxation exercises. While doing this, add smoothing movements along the lower jawline. Repeat this regularly, and you will notice the effect.
So, how to get a skinnier face? A combination of a healthy diet, proper exercise, and sleep will provide the best basis for eliminating excess water and losing fat. By decreasing its percentage throughout the body, the results will be reflected in the face. Support it with regular face fat exercises and massage.
Remember that stress also plays an important role in the formation of body fat. The less stress, the faster the first results will appear. Smile at the world around you. Nobody is perfect. One person is worried about chubby cheeks; another suffers from 2 lbs of excess weight. The third wants to have slimmer legs. Love yourself. Think not only about proportions but also about health. Work on yourself every day. Smile. With a big smile, you will not only look at the world more positively, but you will also get rid of face fat.