Imagine that you’ll hit the beach in two weeks and your body still enjoys the results of a yummy holiday season. Dreadful, right? But we’ve all been there! When you require a fast solution before an upcoming vacation or an important celebration, it seems that you need a miracle to get in shape on such short notice. Don’t fret; you can do a lot in just two weeks if you put all your efforts into improving your physique. And we are not talking about those harmful pills, influencer tea, or starvation. There are healthy solutions for how to lose belly fat in 2 weeks as well.
While you cannot become a bodybuilding champion in two weeks or grow a Kardashian butt from nothing, you can lose a bit of fat around your belly and show off strong abs. To reach visible results, you’ll need a complex approach to cover your diet, hydration, sleep patterns, and training. If you are ready for changes, be sure to cover all these points for the best results. And you are guaranteed an improved shape soon enough for your vacation.
Let’s start with something essential for the belly area. No matter how much time to spend in a gym or how strong your abs are, you’ll never see them the way you want with a thick layer of fat around the area. You may already have a six-pack hidden somewhere.
Healthy Product Replacement
- You may start with the most straightforward option – try replacing junk food with healthier options. First of all, no McDonalds, KFC, PizzaHut, or those tasty burgers you love so much! For a short-notice solution, get rid of them completely.
- The second biggest change is to avoid sugar. Be careful with this one – always read the labels. You will be surprised how many products contain lots of sugar when they are not even sweet! Sugar harms your metabolism, overloads the liver, and shows on your abdominal region the fastest. Liquid sugar if your archenemy on the journey to lose stomach fat.
- Replace your usual snacks with healthier options like a few nuts, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, or sugar-free yogurt.
- Eat foods rich in protein and fiber. Numerous studies have proved the connection between increasing protein foods intake and reducing abdominal fat.
- Among such ingredients are whole eggs, fish, nuts, dairy, chicken, beans, broccoli, oats. Fiber-rich ingredients are whole grain oats, wholewheat pasta (the only kind of pasta you can allow yourself for now), barley, vegetables (sweetcorn, broccoli, carrot, avocado), peas and beans, pear, berries, and melon, nuts, seeds, apples, potato with skin (be careful with the amount though).
It may seem like a basic suggestion, but this one is too effective to neglect. Besides, most people don’t drink enough water!
The Institute of Medicine recommends 74 ounces a day for women and 101 for men. And the is the necessary minimum. If you take up the at-burning exercising routine, you’ll need to increase the number up for appr. two cups.
Adopt a Diet Plan
If you are not sure what products are allowed and will help to lose fat, you may adopt one of the existing diet regimes with the set rules. Some of the most popular nowadays are:
This is a relatively new direction for dieting aficionados. It is not a diet in the conventional sense; this is more of an eating pattern. It does not restrict what foods you eat (though we still recommend sticking to the healthier options); it limits the time when you are allowed to eat. Basically, you choose a fasting schedule (the most popular are 16/8 and 18/6 done daily) with a short period when you are allowed to eat and the following fasting.
Keto has been a popular regime for a few years now. It is believed to help in weight loss and generally improve your health. Considering that it is a low carb diet, it can bring fast results on how to get rid of belly fat in a week. There are different types of keto that allow some variations in carbs intake. As you pair it with a limited supply of glucose, your body starts to burn fat as fuel.
Note: There are only exemplary types of diet regimes. Each has its own drawbacks and requires a previous consultation with your doctor.
Now, when you have a healthy diet plan for the following two weeks, it’s time to set up a workout regime as well. After all, training paired with dieting is the most effective way to burn fat, boost metabolism, and tone your muscles. We suggest a combination of cardio training and targeting your core and abs with specific exercises for a beautiful belly area.
Workout Plans by Pros
Nowadays, it is easy to find a workout session and a detailed two-week regime by professional instructors and fitness influencers on youTube. Browse the platform and check the most popular programs that target the ways to lose belly fat. Some of the most popular fitness influencers on YouTube are Chloe Ting, Chris Heria, Adriene (Yoga with Adriene), Kayla Itsines, Cassey Ho, etc.
Aerobic exercises will burn that layer of fat that covers your six-pack! Cardio is an essential part of how to lose weight in two weeks. Among the most effective cardio training are the following
Whether you run around the block or use high-class inlined gym treadmills, you are doing a favor to your body by keeping it healthy and fit. Running is the basis that will keep your body in shape.
Cycling is another effective form of cardio training that engages your lower body that tones those muscles in addition to burning fat. Besides, a small gym bicycle can be installed at home as it is compact and silent. Keep training during the lockdown as well!
If your gym is open, hit those elliptical machines and dream about skiing somewhere high in the Alps with your perfect belly and toned figure. This is a big piece for a flat, but it can perfectly fit your garage for home workouts.
For a detailed list of options, check our article on the Best Cardio Workouts for Gym and Home.
After a good cardio session, it’s time to tone your abs and add on core strength. We have a full article on The Most Effective Core Workouts that you can check.
As your basic exercises, choose these three:
This is the foundation that will help to strengthen your core. It is used in many variations, and it comes with several difficulty levels to suit both beginners and pros.
How to do:
- Lower to your hand and knees.
- Lower your forearms. Make sure that the elbows and right beneath shoulders.
- Extend your legs to make your body into a straight line. Pelvis tucked, lower back straight.
High Boat to Low Boat
Your belly will be perfectly toned with flexing muscles instead of one blob of fat with this exercise. It may seem super hard for beginners, but the result is worth it.
How to do:
- Sit with your legs bent at the knees. Put your hands forward.
- Lean your torso backward and straighten your legs at the same time. Be sure to keep your shoulders and feet off the ground.
- Return to the previous position but still keep feet off the ground.